Founded by Dane Reynolds, Craig Anderson, Austyn Gillette, and Dylan Rieder, Former is independently owned and operated with the sole intention of creating and producing things they like to wear and be a part of. No overly complex business plan or strategies. Just good, quality design.
Vans’ latest collaboration with Former continues to inspire creativity with a focus on details and materials. The perfect blend of function and fashion, the Vans x Former Mid Slip MTE-1 features rich leather and textile uppers with a black, green, and cream palette and Former-branded embossing that brings the shoe to life. Armed with our MTE-1 Primaloft® cold weather thermal package, HydroGuard™ wrap waterproofing on the lower half of the upper, a lightweight single-density UltraCush™ footbed, and our classic all-conditions MTE-1 outsole, the Mid Slip MTE-1 delivers a reinforced promise of all-weather protection and styling that is undeniably Former.
• VANS X FORMER COLLECTION – Blending fashion and function, this collection features rich leather and suedes with emboss and Former-branded patching, while a black, green, and cream palette runs throughout.
• TRACTION – The aggressive reverse waffle lug pattern on our MTE-1 outsole is ready for variable terrain and street performance. The lugged tread pattern features a siped tire-like design for increased traction.
• THERMOREGULATION – The zonal MTE-1 Primaloft® insulation package uses a high-quality microfiber thermal insulation system to mimic the warmth-providing properties of down, keeping you warm without retaining water.
• MOISTURE MANAGEMENT – The new MTE-1 HydroGuard™ Wrap provides a splash and puddle guard around the shoe and over the toe, resulting in a reliable, comfortable, breathable waterproofing system.
• COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE – Our MTE-1 comfort package uses a single-density UltraCush™ molded EVA footbed for enhanced comfort and reduced weight.